Nannies 4 Grannies Ltd (N4G) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your Personal Data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits www.nannies4grannies.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use Personal Data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our Site;
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
“Personal Data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means Personal Data that you give to Us via our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
“We/Us/Our” means Nannies 4 Grannies Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 8826570 whose registered address is Unit B, Batford Mill, Lower Luton Road, Harpenden, AL5 5BZ
Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by us.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Kay Naden, and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at our registered address.
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration ID ZA371360.
What Does This Policy Cover?
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of Personal Data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of Personal Data;
- The right of access to the Personal Data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any Personal Data we hold about you (we only hold your Personal Data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details below);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your Personal Data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your Personal Data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your Personal Data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your Personal Data, please contact Us using the details provided below and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- location information such as address and postcodes;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site, and the site you exit to;
- communication preferences.
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All Personal Data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your Personal Data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your Personal Data (e.g. by using our Contact Us form), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site;
- Supplying our products and services to you (please note that we require your Personal Data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any bulk email).
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve our Site and your user experience;
- Tracking and responding to any support requests you may make as a N4G customer.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on our products or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You may opt out of this form of communication at any time.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your Personal Data at any time, and to request that we delete it. Please note, however, that this may result in us being forced to withdraw our products or services from you.
- We do not keep your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Anonymous Personal Data shared with us for the purposes of website analytics will be retained for 26 months.
- Personal Data submitted to us via the Contact Us form on our website will be retained for 26 months.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your Personal Data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- All our data is stored in the UK.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
- Steps we take to secure and protect your data include:
- The use of SSL (https) security through our site;
Do We Share Your Data?
- We will never share your data with a 3rd party.
- We may compile statistics about the use of our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your Personal Data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What Happens If our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out above, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving, nor communications that are deemed by Us to be essential to your continued informed and safe usage of our products or services.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your Personal Data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable, and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com.