Would you like to make a difference to an older person's life?
Do you have natural empathy and warmth coupled with patience, resilience, and the ability to effectively communicate? If the answer is yes to all of these, then joining the team at Nannies 4 Grannies could be for you. You do not need experience just an abundance of these characteristics.
About Nannies 4 Grannies
We are a local independent organisation based in Harpenden providing companionship-based support to elderly residents in Harpenden, St Albans and the surrounding villages. Our vision is to enable elderly people to live safely and healthily in the comfort of their own home for as long as they can.
About the Role
To assist our clients within the home and occasionally within a residential care setting. What sets us apart from other care providers is that we do not provide personal care therefore you will not be required to support with dressing/undressing, showering, toileting or the administration of medication.
Our specialism is in providing a tailored service focusing on practical and emotional support such as
- Practical: assisting with laundry, light housework, tidying, shopping, preparing meals and taking people out to the shops, doctors, or social events.
- Emotional: having a coffee and a chat to ease the loneliness felt by many elderly residents.
- Specialised Care: We also support clients with more complex needs such as dementia and offer respite support for the family
- Ability to build relationships and become a trusted companion.
- Natural empathy and warmth
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Ability to follow instructions
- Attend all client visits in a timely manner
- Understand the importance of each home visit
- Cope professionally with emergency and difficult situations
- Be able to communicate effectively with other people
- Maintain high standards of home care provision
You must possess a full UK driving licence, your own transport and be willing to obtain class 1 business insurance if you wish to take clients out for trips.
What we offer:
- Flexible shifts 8.30am - 6.30pm Monday – Friday
- Weekend only shifts available
- Competitive pay of £9.50 per hour with an enhanced rate of £11.00 for weekends
- DBS part funded after 150 hours of service
- 28 days Holiday Pay
- Opportunity to join the pension scheme
- You'll visit regular, local clients to build relationships, plus no long commutes
- Minimum 1-hour visits so no rushing
- You do not need experience; we will provide the training and support you need to succeed
If you are interested in finding out more email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a telephone appointment.
and the surrounding areas. Contact Kay on 01727 857988 or 01582 764305 to discuss the range of specifically tailored services we can provide for you or an elderly loved one. For full details go to our website